Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
This training forms part of the requirements for basic training for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship. The training must be undertaken before new entrants are assigned to any such shipboard duties.
The course is made up of 5 sections as follows:
• Types of emergency which may occur on merchant vessels
• Precautions to prevent pollution of the Marine Environment.
• Observation of Safe Working Practices.
• Understanding of Orders and Being Understood in Relation to Ship Board Duties
• Effective Human Relationships on Board Ships
Competence will be evaluated on continuous assessment and on completion of this module of the course, learners will be issued with a certificate of competence. Learners are requested to bring along their ID or Passport and a black pen on day one of the course.
Every Thursday & Friday throughout the year