Marine Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention
This 3-day course is the mandatory minimum requirement for basic fire safety training for all seafarers. This should be completed prior to employment on seagoing merchant ships.
On meeting the minimum standard of competence of this course, candidates will be able to take appropriate measures for the safety of personnel, of the ship and to use appliances correctly. They will also have knowledge of Fire Prevention on board ship.
The course is divided into three sections:
Day 1 Theory session
- Fire Theory, causes and classification of fires
- Fire prevention
- Equipment available on board vessels
- Shipboard fire-fighting, drills and procedures
- Shipboard construction
Day 2 and 3 Practical
- BA competency and use in drills
- Safe Movement in Smoke and heat
- Search and Rescue techniques
- Extinguish small and extensive fires using various mediums
- Team rescues in BA
Competence will be evaluated on continuous assessment and on completion of this course the learner will be issued with a certificate of competence. All learners are requested to bring along their ID or Passport and a black pen on day one of the course.
Monday to Wednesday throughout the year